We take the safeguarding and care of children and vulnerable adults very seriously at St Mary’s.
Our Parish Safeguarding Officer is Debbie Apostolides and she can be contacted on 07828 123588 or at [email protected].
Alternatively you can contact our churchwardens.
Chris Moxey ([email protected])
Shelia Boothe ([email protected])
The following agencies are able to provide help and advice to those who have a safeguarding concern.
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 ( free phone Monday to Friday 9- 5pm).
If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm, contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser on 020 7939 9423 (office hours), 07982 279713 (out of hours). If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority Children or Adults Services.
Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers can be contacted directly
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Kate Singleton [email protected] 020 7939 9423 Mobile 07982 279713 (for urgent matters out of hours)
Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers, Marie Daly and Louise Vernon
This is a link to A Safe Church which is our safeguarding manual.