This Week at St Mary’s
The Office is open from Monday till Friday 9am to 12.30pm.
8.30am Morning Prayer on Monday and Wednesday
8.30am Holy Communion on Tuesday
12.30pm Holy Communion on Thursday
Home Groups (The Parish Office has Contact Details)
Tuesday at 8.00pm (Contact: Ellie Cooke)
4th Wednesday/month Men’s Group at 8.30pm (Contact Peter Wintgens)
Thursday at 1.20pm in Upper Vestry (Contact: Leslie Spatt)
Sunday at 9.30am (Contact: Colin Wimsett)
3rd Sunday/month [email protected]’s Group at 7.15pm (Contact: Colin Wimsett)
This Week at St Mary’s
Monday Bell Ringing Practice at 7.45pm
Wednesday Ministry Team Meeting at 9.15am
Full Choir Practice at 7.30pm
Special Services, Events & Meetings
Saturday Wedding of Hedley Maxwell and Belinda Ofori-Atta at 1pm
Sunday 10th April: Third Sunday of Easter
8.30am Holy Communion (Traditional Language)
11.00am Parish Eucharist with Junior Church
and the Baptism of Maria Coley
6.30pm Choral Evensong led by St Mary’s Choir
THIS WEEK’S NOTICES
- Electoral Roll & Congregational List: If St Mary’s is your spiritual home, please join our Electoral Roll, our church’s membership list, which is revised at this time of year. You don’t need to do anything if you’re already on it; but if you’re new to St Mary’s, or haven’t been here for some time, complete a form and put it in the box at the back. We’re also updating our Congregational List, our address book, which we make available to those who wish to be able to keep in touch with one another. If you’re not on the current one and would like to go on the update, please take a form from the rack above the hymn books and fill it in with information you would like us to use: email is especially useful on the list. If your details have changed recently, or your current entry is incorrect in any way, please tell Sunny in the Parish Office.
- St Mary’s Annual Meeting: after the Parish Eucharist on Sunday 24th April. It will be followed by a bring-and-share Parish Lunch. We encourage members to consider serving the church by standing for election to the Parochial Church Council and we will particularly welcome members of minority ethnic communities and men to stand. Details: the clergy or the church wardens.
- We’re looking for Servers: Might you be interested in joining a small team of servers after Easter. Servers assist in various duties on a Sunday including assisting at the altar, carrying the cross and helping in the preparation for and clearing up after worship. Training will be provided. Please speak to the clergy if you are interested. We would especially welcome volunteers from among our older children, but anyone is welcome to help.
- Choir Robes: We offer our thanks to those who gave gifts to fund the new choir robes, which have been worn today for the first time on Easter Sunday.
- New Logo: Eagle-eyed members of the congregation may notice the new logo which is now being used. This will be used across our visible profile at St Mary’s – publications, website, and new external noticeboards which are likely to appear in the coming months thanks to a recent bequest.
- Wedding of Hedley Maxwell & Belinda Ofori-Atta: Members of St Mary’s are warmly invited to attend Hedley & Belinda’s wedding service in Church on Saturday at 1pm. Holy Communion will be celebrated as part of the service.
- Mozart Requiem: The collection at this service (excluding Gift Aid) was £1090.
- Home & Study Groups: Colin Wimsett is always pleased to hear of people who are interested in finding out more about our weekly home and study groups. Following the success of the Lent Pub Book Group, Simon is also looking at a more regular discussion group in the Woodman.
For Your Prayers
Prayer for the Week:
Faithful God, the strength of all who believe and the hope of those who doubt:
we thank you that you call us to faith not certainty,
and pray that you will remind us that you have faith in us
even when our heads and hearts are full of questions.
May we, who have not seen, still have faith,
and so receive the fullness of Christ’s promised blessing.
We ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Daily Bible Reading
Monday John 6: 22 – 29
Tuesday John 6: 30 – 35
Wednesday John 6: 35 – 40
Thursday John 6: 44 – 51
Friday John 6: 52 – 59
Saturday John 6: 60 – 69
Next Sunday’s Readings:
Acts 9: 1 – 6; Revelation 5: 11 – 14; John 21: 1 – 19;
For the Church and the World
- For those whose jobs are at risk in the British Steel Industry;
- For all those who work in hospices and end-of-life care;
- For the ministry of our Choir and music staff;
- For those who have recently moved to Battersea
- For the ministry of our Honorary Curate, Peter Wintgens.
For those who have asked for our prayers
Andrew Lee, Billy Garrett, Sue Feasey, Theresa Geldart, Junior Payton, Laurence, Paul Page, William Raynor, Stephanie Baldwin, John Paton, Clive Moir, Farkhondeh Shahsavand, Philip Wright, Theresa Nwosu, Sylvia, Olive Bingham, Valerie Coughlin, Liz McMurghty, Mark Holmes, Emma Belak, Micaki Dixon, Jean & Tiny Hester and Paul Kennington & Family
Those Who Have Died Recently, Their Families and Friends:
Dean Thomas, Peter Thompson, Sydney Neill, Suanne Loates Darrel, Keith Norman, Shadan Finnagan, Sheila Crawford, Camilla Litser, Steve Parkins, Linnett Dixon, Cannutz Jackson, Alfonso Wilson, Ethel MacArthur and John Kennington