THIS WEEK’S NOTICES
- A very warm welcome today to Revd Peter Kelley, who is taking the services at 8.30am and 11am.
- The Sunday Morning Group will be following a Scottish Bible Society study/conversation on Advent starting Sunday 29th November 2015 for 4 weeks and are inviting others to join in. The group meets in the Church Crypt at 9.30am on Sunday mornings. If you would like to know more, please speak to Colin Wimsett, Debbie Apostolides or Matthew Guest.
- Revd Adam Boulter, our former Curate from 2008 – 2012, will give our two Advent Talks on Sunday 6th & 13th December at 7pm, which will include a focus on his ministry in Jordan, as well as reflections on Advent.
- Everyone Campaign: Please return your Pledge Card by next Sunday if at all possible. Members of the Stewardship Group will be sending out polite reminders about returning the cards after that so that we can be confident that everyone has returned their card, even if you are unable to give to the church at this time or do not wish to alter the amount you are giving. Please return the cards to save time and avoid a potentially embarrassing reminder!
- St Mary’s Alpha Course: Many thanks for all the offers of help with hospitality. All the slots are now filled. Alison.
- Mardi Gras Party: Ruth and Paul Holleley are looking for talented – or at least willing! – performers for St Mary’s Community Mardi Gras variety concert in church on February 6th at 7pm. Please contact us on 07969 831 947.
- Margaret Gibbons, who has helped in the past with Monday Toddlers is looking for accommodation, either one bedroom house or flat in the Wandsworth Area. If you can help please E-Mail her on [email protected]
- Children’s Society Christmas cards, Advent calendars and gift wrap are on display at the back of the church. Please put your orders in the box by the display as soon as possible. Thank you for your support. Libby Bradshaw, Children’s Society rep
- Flowers this Sunday have been given by Clare Anastasi and family in memory of her mum, Jean Nicholls, who passed away on this day 2014.
This Week at St Mary’s
8.30am Morning Prayer on Monday and Wednesday
8.30am Holy Communion on Tuesday
12.30pm Holy Communion on Thursday
There will be no services of Evening Prayer until further notice
Parish Office Opening Hours
The Office is open from Monday to Friday 9am to 12.30pm
Home Groups (The Parish Office has Contact Details)
Tuesday at 8.00pm (Contact: Ellie Cooke)
4th Wednesday/month Men’s Group at 8.30pm (Contact Peter Wintgens)
Thursday at 1.20pm in Upper Vestry (Contact: Leslie Spatt)
Sunday at 9.30am (Contact: Colin Wimsett)
3rd Sunday/month [email protected]’s Group at 7.15pm (Contact: Colin Wimsett)
Monday Toddler Group at Dimson Lodge at 9.30am
Bell Ringing Practice at 7.45pm
Wednesday Ministry Team Meeting at 9.15am in Upper Vestry
Full Choir Practice at 7.30pm
Special Services, Events & Meetings
Monday Alpha Course in Crypt at 7.00pm
Saturday House Communion at 11am at 5 Beechmore Road
Sunday 29th November: First Sunday of Advent (Lectionary Year C begins)
8.30am Holy Communion (Traditional Language)
11.00am Advent Parish Communion with Junior Church
6.30pm A Service of Advent Music & Readings, led by St Mary’s Choir
For Your Prayers
Prayer for the Week:
O God, the source of all good desires, all right judgements, and all just works:
give to your servants that peace which the world cannot give;
that our hearts may be set to obey your commandments,
and that, freed from the fear of our enemies,
we may pass our time in rest and quietness;
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Daily Bible Reading
Monday Luke 21: 1 – 4
Tuesday Luke 21: 5 – 11
Wednesday Luke 21: 12 – 19
Thursday Luke 21: 20 – 28
Friday Luke 21: 29 – 33
Saturday Luke 21: 34 – 36
Next Sunday’s Readings: Jeremiah 33: 14 – 16; 1 Thessalonians 3: 9 – 13; Luke 21: 25 – 36
For the Church and the World
- For the victims of the Paris terrorist attacks, for their families, and for all the people of France
- For our Vicar Simon and our parish community during this time of worry and uncertainty;
- For our Curate Philip on study leave;
- For all those who work in hospital and prison chaplaincy;
- For refugees across Europe as winter begins to be felt.
For those who have asked for our prayers
Robin Garton, Andrew Lee, Sonia Smith & Gerald Twum, The Maxwell Family, Tony Trudgewell, Billy Garret, Elia Munisi, Sarah Chaudoir & Family, Barbara Leser & Family, Winifred Stone, Mary, Kathleen Tyson, Barbara Davies, Raphael Esposito, Victor Roberts and Shirley McLaughlin
Those Who Have Died Recently, Their Families and Friends:
David Drew, Bernie Leser, Christopher Temple, Daisy Beecher, Brian Bloice and Ernest Anthony Skelton