This Week at St Mary’s
The Office is open from Monday to Wednesday and Friday 9am to 12.30pm, Thursday 9am to 11.30pm
8.30am Morning Prayer on Monday and Wednesday
8.30am Holy Communion on Tuesday
12.30pm Holy Communion on Thursday
This Week at St Mary’s
Please note: Canon Simon Butler unavailable until 27th February
Monday Toddler Group at Dimson Lodge at 9.30am
Bell Ringing Practice at 7.45pm
Tuesday Lent Bible Study Group at 8pm (Details: Peter Wintgens)
Wednesday Ministry Team Meeting at 9.15am in Upper Vestry
Full Choir Practice at 7.30pm
Lent Bible Study Group at 8pm (Details: Peter Wintgens)
Thursday Lent Bible Study Group at 1.20pm (Details: Peter Wintgens)
Special Services, Events & Meetings
Tuesday Deanery Synod at Christ Church, Battersea at 7.30am
Wednesday Holy Communion at Joan Bartlett / Mary Court at 11.15am
Sunday 28th February: Third Sunday of Lent
8.30am Holy Communion (Traditional Language)
9.30am Lent Bible Study Group (Details: Peter Wintgens)
11.00am Parish Eucharist and Junior Church
6.30pm Stations of the Cross
THIS WEEK’S NOTICES
- Lent Groups: There are two options for growth this Lent. The usual Lent Study Groups, this year focusing on Bible Study meet on Sunday morning, Tuesday and Wednesday evening and Thursday afternoon. Details from Peter Wintgens. At the same time, a Lent Book Group is meeting in The Woodman Pub, Battersea High Street, at 8pm to study David Runcorn’s Dust and Glory with Simon. Details of timings are in the “This Week at St Mary’s” list above.
- Sunday Evenings in Lent: Stations of the Cross. Come and try something new for St Mary’s: Stations of the Cross is a devotional pilgrimage around the church, focusing on the events of the Passion of Christ. Each service will begin at 6.30pm and last about 45 minutes. This replaces Evening Prayer.
- “One to Ones” in Lent: Our clergy are always keen to make themselves available to listen and assist you in your faith journey throughout the year, but Lent is an especially good time to seek them out. Please contact Simon or Peter directly to arrange to see them.
- Advance Notice: Sunday 28th February 2016. At the 11.00 am service the preacher will be Rev. Adam Boulter.
- Advance Notice: Palm Sunday. On the evening of 20th March, St Mary’s Choir will be performing Mozart’s Requiem. Invite you friends.
- We’re still collecting donations for the local night shelter. They need warm winter coats, jumpers, gloves, scarves & hats, toiletries, socks, new underwear, jeans, t-shirts and sleeping bags. Please bring any donations to church on Sundays or between 9 and 12.30 on weekdays. Thank you Libby Bradshaw and Carol Bailey.
- Join the team working together at St Marys’: There are opportunities to assist in the Sunday life of the Church in a number of ways: Junior Church leaders, reading the bible, leading the prayers, administering Holy Communion and – a new opportunity – acting as server and Sacristan. All on a rota basis: speak to the clergy or a staff team member to find out more. Training is always given. There is also a vacancy for the position of Verger to help with the weddings taking place at St Mary’s during this year; this position is a paid one.
- Parish Office Closure: Sunny Walker-Kier will be on holiday from 29th February for two weeks. During this time the office will be operating on reduced basis. Any problems should be directed to the Churchwardens or the Clergy.
For Your Prayers
Prayer for the Week:
Almighty God, may we, by the prayer and discipline of Lent,
enter into the mystery of Christ’s sufferings;
that by following in the way, we may come to share in his glory;
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Daily Bible Reading
Monday Luke 6: 36 – 38
Tuesday Matthew 23: 1 – 12
Wednesday Matthew 20: 17 – 28
Thursday Luke 16: 19 – end
Friday Matthew 21: 33-43,45-46
Saturday Luke 15:1-3,11 – end
Next Sunday’s Readings:
Isaiah 55: 1 – 9; 1 Corinthians 10: 1 – 13; Luke 13: 1 – 9;
For the Church and the World
- That we may become more faithful to God through the discipline of Lent.
- That God would lead his whole church into renewal in the Holy Spirit.
- For all who are tempted to abuse their power.
- For a fair and just resolution of the Junior Doctors’ dispute.
- For our Study Groups meeting throughout Lent.
For those who have asked for our prayers
Andrew Lee, Billy Garrett, Sue Feasey, Maria Munisi, Theresa Geldart, Tom Price, Liz McMurthy, Junior Payton, Laurence, Kirstie Moore, Jean Hester, Paul Page, Helena Winters, Diana Standring, Charlie Standring, William Raynor and Theodoros Droushiotis
Those Who Have Died Recently, Their Families and Friends:
Rosemarie Peters, Michael Wimshurst, Tish Ramsay, James Marriot, Reg Logan and Catherine Hamer