Holy Week Services at St Mary’s
6.30pm Mozart’s Requiem: A Concert for Holy Week
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
8.30am Morning Prayer (M & W)
8.30am Holy Communion (T)
8pm Night Prayer & Address
Maundy Thursday 24th March
8pm A Service for Maundy Thursday followed by a Watch of Prayer until Midnight
Good Friday 25th March
(The Parish Office is Closed)
10am Children’s Good Friday Workshop
12noon A Children’s Service for Good Friday
1pm An Hour at the Cross: Meditations
2pm Good Friday Liturgy
Holy Saturday 26th March
8pm The Easter Vigil followed by a Party
Easter Sunday 27th March
8.30am Holy Communion (Traditional Language)
11am Festival Eucharist for Easter
Preacher: The Archdeacon of Wandsworth
THIS WEEK’S NOTICES
- Tonight at 6.30pm: Mozart Requiem: St Mary’s Choir, soloists and an orchestra perform Mozart’s Requiem as an introduction to Holy Week. Free with retiring collection.
- Maundy Thursday: Volunteers required to take part in the footwashing and the Watch of Prayer. Please sign up at the back.
- Good Friday Children’s Workshop & Worship: If you haven’t registered your child with Asi please contact her as soon as possible (07462 655 043 or [email protected]). The workshop begins at 10am, finishing at 12pm with worship.
- Easter Vigil Party: Please sign up at the back to provide canapes or nibbles for our first celebration of the Resurrection. Alternatively, contact Debbie Apostolides ([email protected])
- Electoral Roll & Congregational List: If you consider St Mary’s your spiritual home, we warmly encourage you to join our Electoral Roll, the membership list, which is revised at this time of year. You don’t need to do anything if you’re already on it; but if you’re new to St Mary’s, or haven’t been here for some time, please complete a form and put it in the box at the back. This year we are also updating our Congregational List, our contact directory, which we make available to those who wish to be able to keep in touch with one another.If you are not on the current one and would like to go on the update, please take a form from the rack above the hymn books and fill it in with information you would like us to use. NB Your E-mail address is especially useful on the list. If your details have changed recently, or your current entry is incorrect in any way, please tell Sunny in the Parish Office.
- St Mary’s Annual Meeting: This will take place during and after the Parish Eucharist on Sunday 24th April and will be followed by a bring-and-share Parish Lunch. We encourage members of St Mary’s to consider serving the church by standing for election to the Parochial Church Council. We will particularly welcome members of minority ethnic communities and men to stand. Details from the clergy or the church wardens.
- We’re looking for Servers: Might you be interested in joining a small team of servers after Easter. Servers assist in various duties on a Sunday including assisting at the altar, carrying the cross and helping in the preparation for and clearing up after worship. Training will be provided. Please speak to the clergy if you are interested. We would especially welcome volunteers from among our older children, but anyone is welcome to help.
For Your Prayers
Prayer for the Week:
Jesus, true vine and bread of life,
ever giving yourself that the world might live,
let us share your death and passion:
make us perfect in your love. Amen.
Daily Bible Reading
Monday John 12: 1 – 11
Tuesday John 12: 20 – 36
Wednesday John 13: 21 – 32
Thursday John 13: 1 – 17, 31b – 35
Friday John 18: 1 – 19: end
Saturday John 19: 38 – end
Next Sunday’s Readings:
Acts 10: 34 – 43; 1 Corinthians 15: 19 – 26; Luke 24: 1 – 12;
For the Church and the World
- For those who are crucified today in their service of the Crucified Christ;
- For the renewal of our faith in Holy Week and Easter;
- For efforts to deepen the commitment to peace in Syria;
- For those who work in tourism and travel;
- For children and teachers in this School holiday period.
For those who have asked for our prayers
Andrew Lee, Billy Garrett, Sue Feasey, Theresa Geldart, Junior Payton, Laurence, Paul Page, William Raynor, Stephanie Baldwin, John Paton, Clive Moir, Farkhondeh Shahsavand, Philip Wright, Theresa Nwosu and Sylvia
Those Who Have Died Recently, Their Families and Friends:
John Murray, Veronique Roualet, Dean Thomas, Peter Thompson, Sydney Neill, Suanne Loates Darrel and Keith Norman