THIS WEEK’S NOTICES
- Canon Simon Butler has agreed to step back from ministry as there has been an allegation, which does not relate to children or young people, concerning his working relationships, which needs to be investigated by the Diocese. Stepping back from ministry is a neutral act which Bishop Richard has asked Simon Butler to do in order to facilitate the investigation. On Tuesday 3rd November there will be a vigil of prayer in church at 6.30pm until 7.30pm. Please join us as we pray for our parish community at this difficult time.
- Our Annual Memorial Service for those who have died in the past year. This service will be at 3pm today.
- St Mary’s Alpha Course: Many thanks for all the offers of help with hospitality. Nearly all the slots are now filled. Alison: 020 7720 9708 or [email protected]
- Remembrance Sunday. There will be no early 8.30am service on Sunday 8th November. Instead, there will be Holy Communion at 6.30pm which will follow the Book of Common Prayer. This will give everyone at St Mary’s an opportunity to share in a different act of worship. Please also note: the Borough Remembrance Service, in the presence of the Mayor of Wandsworth, will be at 10.45am the same morning.
- Advance Notice: Revd Adam Boulter. Our former curate is currently back in the UK and based in Wandsworth. He has kindly agreed to preach and preside on Sunday 15th November and to lead our two Advent Talks on Sunday 6th & 13th December at 7pm, which will include a focus on his ministry in Jordan.
- Everyone 2016: Our annual renewal of Financial Stewardship has last week begun. Please take your personal Pledge pack. If you can’t find one with your name on it, please take one labelled Friend of St Mary’s. Pledge Sunday (at which we present our pledges for giving next year) will be on Sunday 15th Nov.
- Mardi Gras Party: Ruth and Paul Holleley are looking for talented – or at least willing! – performers for St Mary’s Community Mardi Gras variety concert in church on February 6th at 7pm. Please contact us on 07969 831 947.
- Margaret Gibbons, who has helped in the past with Monday Toddlers is looking for accommodation, either one bedroom house or flat in the Wandsworth Area. If you can help please E-Mail her on [email protected]
This Week at St Mary’s
8.30am Morning Prayer on Monday and Wednesday
8.30am Holy Communion on Tuesday
12.30pm Holy Communion on Thursday
There will be no services of Evening Prayer until further notice
Parish Office Opening Hours
The Office is open from Monday to Friday 9am to 12.30pm
Home Groups (The Parish Office has Contact Details)
Tuesday at 8.00pm (Contact: Ellie Cooke)
4th Wednesday/month Men’s Group at 8.30pm (Contact Peter Wintgens)
Thursday at 1.20pm in Upper Vestry (Contact: Leslie Spatt)
Sunday at 9.30am (Contact: Colin Wimsett)
3rd Sunday/month [email protected]’s Group at 7.15pm (Contact: Philip Krinks)
Monday Toddler Group at Dimson Lodge at 9.30am
Bell Ringing Practice at 7.45pm
Wednesday Informal Meeting Ministry Team at 9.15am
Full Choir Practice at 7.30pm
Thursday Toddler Service in Upper Vestry from 10.15am to 11.15am
Special Services, Events & Meetings
Monday Alpha Course in Crypt at 7.30pm
Tuesday Vigil of Prayer between 6.30pm and 7.30pm
Sunday 8th November: Third Sunday before Advent
10.45am Borough Remembrance Service in the presence of the
Mayor of Wandsworth, Councillor Nicola Nardelli. Note start time.
6.30pm Holy Communion (Traditional Language)
For Your Prayers
Prayer for the Week:
Grant, Lord, that we who are baptised into the death of your Son our Saviour Jesus Christ may continually put to death our evil desires and be buried with him:
and that through the grave and gate of death we may pass to our joyful resurrection; through his merits, who died and was buried and rose again for us, your Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
Daily Bible Reading
Monday Luke 14: 12 – 14
Tuesday Luke 14: 15 – 24
Wednesday Luke 14: 25 – 33
Thursday Luke 15: 1 – 10
Friday Luke 16: 1 – 8
Saturday Luke 16: 9 – 15
Next Sunday’s Readings: Jonah 3: 1 – 5, 10; Hebrews 9: 24 – end; Mark 1: 14 – 20
For the Church and the World
- For our Vicar Simon during this time of worry and uncertainty;
- For the NHS, facing financial challenges;
- For refugees across Europe as winter begins to be felt.
For those who have asked for our prayers
Jenny, Margaret & family, David Moorby, The Maxwell Family, Robin Garton, Megs & Olivia Keetch & Family, Andrew Lee, Sonia Smith & Gerald Twum, Tony Trudgewell, Billy Garret, Elia Munisi, Sarah Chaudoir & Family, Barbara Leser & Family, and Winifred Stone
Those Who Have Died Recently, Their Families and Friends:
Illtyd Harrington, Eric Keetch, Jean Saffery, David Drew, Bernie Leser, and Christopher Temple