This Week at St Mary’s
The Office is open from Monday 9am to 11.30am Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 9am to 12.30pm. It is closed on Thursday for Staff Training.
8.30am Morning Prayer on Monday and Wednesday
8.30am Holy Communion on Tuesday
12.30pm Holy Communion on Thursday
This Week at St Mary’s
Please note: Canon Simon Butler is away at General Synod Monday to Wednesday
Monday Office Hour for Booking Weddings and Baptisms 6.30pm-8pm
Bell Ringing Practice at 7.45pm
Dust and Glory Book Group in the Woodman Pub at 8pm
Tuesday Lent Bible Study Group at 8pm (Details: Peter Wintgens)
Wednesday Informal Ministry Team Meeting at 9.15am
Full Choir Practice at 7.30pm
Lent Bible Study Group at 8pm (Details: Peter Wintgens)
Thursday Lent Bible Study Group at 1.20pm (Details: Peter Wintgens)
Friday Canon Simon Butler unavailable until 27th February
Special Services, Events & Meetings
Thursday Staff Training Day in the Crypt
Sunday 21st February: Second Sunday of Lent
8.30am Holy Communion (Traditional Language)
9.30am Lent Bible Study Group (Details: Peter Wintgens)
11.00am Parish Eucharist and Junior Church
6.30pm Stations of the Cross
THIS WEEK’S NOTICES
- Lent Groups: There are two options for growth this Lent. The usual Lent Study Groups, this year focusing on Bible Study meet on Sunday morning, Tuesday and Wednesday evening and Thursday afternoon. Details from Peter Wintgens. At the same time, a Lent Book Group is meeting in The Woodman Pub, Battersea High Street, at 8pm to study David Runcorn’s Dust and Glory with Simon. Details of timings are in the “This Week at St Mary’s” list above.
- Sunday Evenings in Lent: Stations of the Cross. Come and try something new for St Mary’s: Stations of the Cross is a devotional pilgrimage around the church, focusing on the events of the Passion of Christ. Each service will begin at 6.30pm and last about 45 minutes. This replaces Evening Prayer.
- “One to Ones” in Lent: Our clergy are always keen to make themselves available to listen and assist you in your faith journey throughout the year, but Lent is an especially good time to seek them out. Please contact Simon or Peter directly to arrange to see them.
- Advance Notice: Palm Sunday. On the evening of 20th March, St Mary’s Choir will be performing Mozart’s Requiem. Invite you friends.
- We’re still collecting donations for the local night shelter. They need warm winter coats, jumpers, gloves, scarves & hats, toiletries, socks, new underwear, jeans, t-shirts and sleeping bags. Please bring any donations to church on Sundays or between 9 and 12.30 on weekdays. Thank you Libby Bradshaw and Carol Bailey.
- Join the team working together at St Marys’: There are opportunities to assist in the Sunday life of the Church in a number of ways: Junior Church leaders, reading the bible, leading the prayers, administering Holy Communion and – a new opportunity – acting as server and Sacristan. All on a rota basis: speak to the clergy or a staff team member to find out more. Training is always given.
- Parish Office Closure: Sunny Walker-Kier will be on holiday from 29th February for two weeks. During this time the office will be operating on reduced basis. Any problems should be directed to the Churchwardens or the Clergy.
For Your Prayers
Prayer for the Week:
Lord God, you have renewed us with the living bread from heaven;
by it you nourish our faith, increase our hope, and strengthen our love:
teach us always to hunger for him who is the true and living bread,
and enable us to live by every word that proceeds from out of your mouth;
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
Daily Bible Reading
Monday Matthew 25: 31 – end
Tuesday Matthew 6: 7 – 15
Wednesday Luke 11: 29 – 32
Thursday Matthew 7: 7 – 12
Friday Matthew 5: 20 – 26
Saturday Matthew 5: 43 – end
Next Sunday’s Readings:
Genesis 15: 1 – 12, 17 – 18; Philippians 3: 17 – 4: 1; Luke 13: 31 – 35
For the Church and the World
- That we may become more faithful to God through the discipline of Lent.
- That God would lead his whole church into renewal in the Holy Spirit.
- For all who are tempted to abuse their power.
- For a fair and just resolution of the Junior Doctors’ dispute.
- For our Study Groups meeting throughout Lent.
For those who have asked for our prayers
Andrew Lee, Billy Garrett, Hilary Blumer, Sue Feasey, Maria Munisi, Theresa Geldart, Tom Price, Linh, Nicholas Tester, Phyllis Green, Liz Murthy, Junior Payton, Laurence, Kirstie Moore, Jean Hester, Paul Page, Helena Winters, Diana Standring and Charlie Standring
Those Who Have Died Recently, Their Families and Friends:
Peter Richards, Pierre, Charles Harbord-Hammond, Tom Harris, David Townshend, Keith Allen, Rosemarie Peters, Dick Blackwood, Joan Pindar, Michael Wimshurst, Tish Ramsay and James Marriot