THIS WEEK’S NOTICES
- Revd Adam Boulter, our former Curate from 2008 – 2012, will give the second Advent Talk this evening at 7pm with a reflection on Advent. All are welcome.
- Christingle Service at 4pm today – all welcome. The service will include a collection towards the work of the Children’s Society.
- There will be a Christmas stall in aid of the Flower Fund after the Parish Eucharist today; selling delicious home made items, including fudge and bakewell tarts, cakes and biscuits, mincemeat and marmalade!
- The Revd Dr Philip Krinks – If you would like to contribute to a leaving gift for
Philip, please give your donation to the Churchwardens or in an envelope c/o
the Parish Office.
- We need your help, baking mince pies, brewing the mulled wine, serving the goodies or washing up for the Parish Carol Service on Sunday 20th December at 6.30 pm. After the service the traditional mince pies and mulled wine will be served; please sign up at the back of church. No experience necessary and newcomers to St Mary’s especially welcome! If you would like to contribute to the cost of the wine, please speak to Sarah Macnab 07788 723 717.
- The West London Churches Homeless Concern (WLCHC) are looking for donations for their night shelters. They especially need male clothing, toiletries, socks, new underwear, jeans, tee shirts and sleeping bags, also towels and blankets. Please bring any donations to church on Sundays or between 9 and 12.30 on weekdays. Thank you Libby and Carol Bailey
- Sunday 27th December: No 8.30am service this Sunday
- Battersea Deanery pantomime which this year is Robinson Crusoe; Rehearsals have now started. It will be staged at Christchurch Battersea in January. We are still looking for a few more roles to be filled plus we need help with painting scenery, making props and generally helping. Please contact Debbie Apostolides for more details. 07828 123 588
- Mardi Gras Party: Ruth and Paul Holleley are looking for talented – or at least willing! – performers for St Mary’s Community Mardi Gras variety concert in church on February 6th at 7pm. Please contact us on 07969 831 947.
- Everyone Campaign: Pledge Cards may still be returned!
Even if you are unable to give to the church at this time or do not
wish to alter the amount you are giving, please return the cards to
save time and avoid a potentially embarrassing reminder!
- Parish Office Closure: The Parish Office will be closed 23rd December 2015 until 3rd January 2016.
This Week at St Mary’s
8.30am Morning Prayer on Monday and Wednesday
8.30am Holy Communion on Tuesday
12.30pm Holy Communion on Thursday
There will be no services of Evening Prayer until further notice
Parish Office Opening Hours
The Office is open from Monday to Friday 9am to 12.30pm
Home Groups (The Parish Office has Contact Details)
Tuesday at 8.00pm (Contact: Ellie Cooke)
4th Wednesday/month Men’s Group at 8.30pm (Contact Peter Wintgens)
Thursday at 1.20pm in Upper Vestry (Contact: Leslie Spatt)
Sunday at 9.30am (Contact: Colin Wimsett)
3rd Sunday/month [email protected]’s Group at 7.15pm (Contact: Colin Wimsett)
Monday Toddler Group at Dimson Lodge at 9.30am
Bell Ringing Practice at 7.45pm
Wednesday Informal Ministry Team Meeting at 9.15am in the Crypt
Full Choir Practice at 7.30pm
Special Services, Events & Meetings
Monday Carol Service at Mary Court / Joan Bartlett House at 3pm
Office Hour for Booking Weddings and Baptisms 6.30pm-8pm
Saturday Carol Service at Meadbank at 3pm
Sunday 20th December: Fourth Sunday of Advent
8.30am Holy Communion (Traditional Language)
11.00am Advent Parish Eucharist with Nativity Play in the presence of the Lord Bishop of Southwark, The Rt Revd Christopher Chessun
6.30 pm The Parish Carol Service
For Your Prayers
Prayer for the Week:
God our Father, you gave to Zechariah and Elizabeth in their old age a son called John, who prepared the people for the coming of the Lord, and baptised them in the Jordan to wash away their sins.
Help us, who have been baptised into Christ, to be ready to welcome him into our hearts, and to grow strong in faith by the power of the Spirit.
We ask this through Jesus Christ, the light who is coming into the world. Amen.
Daily Bible Reading
Monday Matthew 21: 23 – 27
Tuesday Matthew 21: 28 – 32
Wednesday Luke 7: 18b – 23
Thursday Matthew 1: 1 – 17
Friday Matthew 1: 18 – 24
Saturday Luke 1: 5 – 25
Next Sunday’s Readings:
Micah 5: 2 -5a; Hebrews 10: 5 – 10; Luke 1: 39 – 45;
For the Church and the World
- For the victims of the Paris terrorist attacks, for their families, and for all affected by violence
- For our Vicar Simon and our parish community;
- For the success of the climate change conference in Paris;
- For all those affected by the floods in north west England.
- For the Revd Dr Philip Krinks as he moves to another parish
For those who have asked for our prayers
Andrew Lee, Billy Garret, Elia Munisi, Barbara Davies, John Stone, Junior Payton, Lucy Isac & Family, Hilary Blumer, Annie Gent, Peter Stuttard and Angela Whiteley & family
Those Who Have Died Recently, Their Families and Friends:
Ernest Anthony Skelton, Alan Cherian, John Hanson, Dorothy Smalley and Peter Whiteley