This Week at St Mary’s
The Office is open from Monday till Friday 9am to 12.30pm.
8.30am Morning Prayer on Monday and Wednesday
8.30am Holy Communion on Tuesday
12.30pm Holy Communion on Thursday
Home Groups (The Parish Office has Contact Details)
Tuesday at 8.00pm (Contact: Ellie Cooke)
4th Wednesday/month Men’s Group at 8.30pm (Contact Peter Wintgens)
Thursday at 1.20pm in Upper Vestry (Contact: Leslie Spatt)
Sunday at 9.30am (Contact: Colin Wimsett)
3rd Sunday/month [email protected]’s Group at 7.15pm (Contact: Colin Wimsett)
This Week at St Mary’s
Monday Please note: the Vicar is taking his day off today instead of Friday
Toddler Group at Dimson Lodge at 9.30am
Bell Ringing Practice at 7.45pm
Wednesday Ministry Team Meeting at 9.15am
Full Choir Practice at 7.30pm
Special Services, Events & Meetings
Saturday House Communion for the Housebound at 11.30am (Contact Alison Wintgens for details of someone who might value
attending. Lifts are provided to the venue in Wandsworth.)
Sunday 17th April: Fourth Sunday of Easter
8.30am Holy Communion (Traditional Language)
11.00am Parish Eucharist with Junior Church
6.30pm Evening Prayer & Meditation
THIS WEEK’S NOTICES
- Electoral Roll & Congregational List: Today is the last day to put yourself on our membership list, the Church Electoral Roll. Forms are at the back of church. You can also go on our Congregational List, the Church’s address book and contact directory. Forms are also at the back
- St Mary’s Annual Parochial Church Meeting & the Parochial Church Council (PCC): the APCM is a fortnight away and will take place after the Parish Eucharist on Sunday 24th April. It will be followed by a bring-and-share Parish Lunch. We encourage members to consider serving the church by standing for election to the Parochial Church Council and we will particularly welcome members of minority ethnic communities, younger church members and men to stand. This year there are five places to fill. Nomination forms on the back noticeboard. Paperwork for the APCM will be available next Sunday. The main item will be a presentation on the forthcoming Moorings Project.
- We’re looking for Servers: Might you be interested in joining a small team of servers? Servers assist in various duties on a Sunday including assisting at the altar, carrying the cross and helping in the preparation for and clearing up after worship. Training will be provided. Please speak to the clergy if you are interested. We would especially welcome volunteers from among our older children, but anyone is welcome to help.
- Home & Study Groups: Colin Wimsett is always pleased to hear of people who are interested in finding out more about our weekly home and study groups. Following the success of the Lent Pub Book Group, Simon is also looking at a more regular discussion group in the Woodman.
- Christian Aid Week: This year the Away Giving Group has decided to try something new. Rather than having a series of nominated charities, the Group have decided to concentrate our giving to good causes on supporting more fully Christian Aid Week, 15-21st May. There will be a special focus on Christian Aid on Trinity Sunday, 22nd May. More details soon.
- Bequest: St Mary’s has recently received a bequest of just under £12,000 from the estate of the late Rose Shaw, who worshipped and served here for many years. Bequests of this size offer a chance to do something specific and, after conversation with the Wardens, Simon is making enquiries about making some improvements to the church sound system which, as many of you know, is showing some signs of age. Please do remember St Mary’s when you come to make your own wills.
For Your Prayers
Prayer for the Week:
‘Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honour and glory and blessing! To the one seated on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honour and glory and might for ever and ever!’
From Revelation 5
Daily Bible Reading
Monday Luke 1: 1 – 25
Tuesday Luke 1: 26 – 38
Wednesday Luke 1: 39 – 56
Thursday Luke 1: 57 – end
Friday Luke 2: 1 – 20
Saturday Luke 2: 21 – 40
Next Sunday’s Readings:
Acts 9: 36 – 43; Revelation 7: 9 – 17; John 10: 22 – 30;
For the Church and the World
- For those who suffer from addictions of any sort;
- For the work going on to secure our Moorings Project;
- For a resolution to the Junior Doctors’ dispute;
- For the ministry of our Southwark Pastoral Auxiliaries, Alison and Colin;
- For all who work in providing our transport in London.
For those who have asked for our prayers
Andrew Lee, Billy Garrett, Sue Feasey, Junior Payton, Laurence, Paul Page, William Raynor, Clive Moir, Farkhondeh Shahsavand, Theresa Nwosu, Sylvia, Valerie Coughlin, Liz McMurghty, Mark Holmes, Emma Belak, Micaki Dixon, Paul Kennington & Family, John Paton, Kate Bishop and Tiny Hester
Those Who Have Died Recently, Their Families and Friends:
Dean Thomas, Peter Thompson, Sydney Neill, Suanne Loates Darrel, Keith Norman, John Kennington, Shadan Finnagan, Sheila Crawford, Camilla Litser, Steve Parkins, Ethel MacArthur, Linnett Dixon, Cannute Jackson, Alfonso Wilson, Christopher Willmott, Jean Hester and Olive Bingham