Proposal for a Food Bank Collection at St. Mary’s
From being on the Deanery Synod in the past year, we were told about the Food Bank at St.
Mark’s. I felt a tremendous feeling that as a church we really could do more towards helping our community with this simple task for those who have fallen on hard times for whatever reason. As Jesus did, we should try and help.
I suggest a six month ‘pilot’ scheme as follows:
- Have a box at the back of the church in a prominent position
- Make a clear list showing only the foods that are needed
- I am happy to list my telephone number as a contact for problems or questions
- People can donate whenever they can
- I am also prepared to use my car to transport the food to St. Mary’s once a month