This expression has been used by many in one way or another; it shows there’s no peace of mind. Always be ready for what life throws at you.
God sees what we are going through. Albert Einstein (1870-1955) said, “There are two ways to live your life: one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle”. David Thoreau (1877-1962) said, “If you want to be happy, be”.
God is greater than our troubles. Talk to God, who is also greater than our failures. Many would want to succeed in life even without working hard. Can this ever be possible? The answer is “no”. Although success is a journey with a positive end, unless you’re a genius, leave all thought of getting there with minimal effort.
Life is like a garden in many ways. Contentment cannot flourish if gloom is all you sow. Plant the seeds of kindness, then fertilise with common sense and friendship will grow.
Edgar A Guest (1881-1959) wrote “My Creed”. It goes,
I am to live as gently as I can;
To be, no matter where, a man;
To take what comes, good or ill
And cling to faith and honour still;
To do my best, and let that stand
The record of my brain and hand;
And then, should failure come to me,
Still work and hope for victory.
What actually do you want in life? A good life; Happiness with smiles; good relationship; good job; plenty of money? It is a blessed person who has all that. For most, there is a taste of bitterness, as life is seldom as you want it. Some say that life is a bed of thorns. Who has ever laid on a bed of roses for long? Rose plants have thorns. You can never be as comfortable as you expect to be.
There are several keys to peace of mind.
1. Share any problem with God. (Psalm 30:10)
2. Maintain a positive mind. (Philippians 4:6)
3. Seek wise communication. You can rely on the vicar or other person of God, gifted in counselling. (Isaiah 46:10)
4. Exercise to relieve stress.
5. When depressed, get out and read your Bible; cry, if that’s how you feel. (Psalm 34:10) (James 1:12)
6. Exercise your faith. Faith in God grows miracles.(1 Peter 5:7)
7. Count your blessings. (Malachi 3:10)
8. Share your thoughts with God. (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
God is great all the time. You’re the happiest person in the universe, say “Hallelujah!”
God bless you all
Gladys Ikeme, Child of God.