Parish General Manager (And Assistant Treasurer)
St Mary’s Church, Battersea SW11
£17,500 P.A. Part-time – 20 hours per week over five days
The Parish General Manager is a new role to St Mary’s that will appeal to experienced managers who hold demonstrable career experience. The post requires effective leadership, estate and facilities management, financial and accounting control & administration, and excellent customer service. The role is likely to appeal to an experienced manager who wants to scale back their full-time working pattern, or, is looking to balance their working pattern with other commitments. Key duties and responsibilities:-
Leadership & Development
- Provide office-based administration for the Parish, operating an efficient Parish Office and undertaking additional management and administrative tasks to enable the Vicar to focus on his priestly and church leadership calling.
- Establish new processes to facilitate the smooth running of the church as and when necessary, identifying areas to improve the running of St Mary’s, especially where they provide a financial risk exposure or benefit.
Estate and Facilities Management
- Managing St Mary’s Church Building, its use and maintenance; liaising with the London Borough of Wandsworth regarding issues relating to the maintenance and upkeep of the churchyard.
- Acting as Fabric Officer for the PCC, managing minor works and liaising with its Fabric Working Group in the planning and delivering major projects and major repairs or refurbishment programmes.
- Acting as primary liaison person between the PCC and the tenants on St Mary’s River Moorings ensuring effective management of the facility after Practical Completion (this is a major works programme planned over the next eighteen months will see the completion of a new, modern river moorings complex.
Financial Management and Administration
- Acting as Assistant Treasurer (undertaking the tasks and responsibilities detailed in the job description) supporting the Treasurer (unpaid volunteer) in taking responsibility for the efficient day-to-day management of the accounts, including working on Sage 50 for Charities.
- Ensuring that the vision of St Mary’s Church is demonstrated through the work and contacts made from its Church office.
- Being the first point of contact for general enquiries, visitors and hirers, ensuring callers to the Parish Office are dealt with in a courteous, professional, timely manner.
- Dealing capably and appropriately with pastoral enquiries, including baptisms, weddings and funerals.
For further details about the role and how to Apply, please see the Candidate Pack at stmarysbattersea.org.uk
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 24 November 2017 with Interviews on Monday 11th December.
Please note: This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check