Funeral Arranger and General Assistant
Chelsea Funeral Directors, 260B Fulham Road, Chelsea, London SW10 9EL
Full-time (part-time considered)
Basic hours: 8.30am-5pm; expectation to work flexibly and overtime will be paid.
Holidays: 20 days (plus statutory public and bank holidays)
Reports to the Funeral Director
Summary: This is a truly meaningful career opportunity to make a difference at a difficult time.
Based at Chelsea Funeral Directors’ head office in Chelsea, but occasionally at our other two offices:
Fulham and Westminster. You will be meeting families in the office or their home to arrange funerals, carrying out administrative work, conveying and handling the deceased, facilitating families visiting chapels of rest and working as part of a small team to carry out funerals to the highest standard.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
– Meeting families to arrange funerals in the London area and beyond. This also includes international transportations and children’s funerals.
– Dealing with telephone, email and personal enquiries from families.
– Sharing ‘24 hour on call’ responsibilities with the rest of the team (currently one week a month: starting Monday at 5pm and finishing the following Monday morning at 8.30am – including weekends and public holidays, for which you will receive an additional payment).
– Conveying and handling the deceased.
– Fostering relationships with the local community, clergy etc.
As part of a small team you will also be involved with: invoicing and general administrative tasks; office up-keep; getting involved in other projects as necessary.
– Emotionally intelligent (sensitive, kind, calm and practical).
– A team player and up for a challenge.
– An excellent all rounder and completely flexible in approach to work.
– Highly organised, with a good attention to detail and sense of logistical planning.
– A confident and friendly communicator.
– Active and physically fit: able to lift, carry, dress the deceased, and basically do anything that needs doing.
– Willing to work flexibly: occasionally starting early or working late or over the weekend if necessary.
– Immaculately smart in appearance.
We value emotional intelligence, life experience, enthusiasm and personality over academic qualifications and work experience. We want to work alongside inspiring and inspired individuals who are enthusiastic about and supportive of the work we are doing.
No experience within the funeral profession is required. Full training will be given, and support and guidance whenever needed.
If you are curious, reliable, and enthusiastic, we would love to hear from you. To let us know why you think you would be right for this unique role, send a CV and covering email to [email protected] .
Subject to a probationary period.