This Week at St Mary’s
Parish Office – Sunny Walker-Kier is on holiday until 14th March and during this time the office will be operating on reduced basis. Any enquiries should be directed to the Churchwardens or the Clergy.
8.30am Morning Prayer on Monday and Wednesday
8.30am Holy Communion on Tuesday
12.30pm Holy Communion on Thursday
This Week at St Mary’s
Monday Toddler Group at Dimson Lodge at 9.30am
Bell Ringing Practice at 7.45pm
Dust and Glory Book Group in the Woodman Pub at 8pm
Tuesday Lent Bible Study Group at 8pm (Details: Peter Wintgens)
Wednesday Ministry Team Meeting at 9.15am
Full Choir Practice at 7.30pm
Lent Bible Study Group at 8pm (Details: Peter Wintgens)
Thursday Lent Bible Study Group at 1.20pm (Details: Peter Wintgens)
Special Services, Events & Meetings
Tuesday PCC Meeting at 8.00pm in the Crypt
Sunday 13th March: Fifth Sunday of Lent
8.30am Holy Communion (Traditional Language)
9.30am Lent Bible Study Group (Details: Peter Wintgens)
11.00am Parish Eucharist and Junior Church
6.30pm Stations of the Cross
THIS WEEK’S NOTICES
- Last Chance – The Admission of Children to Holy Communion: First Communion classes will be begin on 20th March, and will take place in the Sunday service at 11am, alongside Junior Church. More details from Asi Munisi (07462 655 043 or [email protected])
- Annual Spring Clean: Please join us in helping to prepare our wonderful church for Holy Week and the year ahead. Do sign up for a job and help to dust, clean or polish at anytime between 9.00am and 12.00pm on Saturday 19th March. There is a sign-up sheet at the back – all help is most welcome!
- Lent Book Group is meeting in The Woodman Pub, Battersea High Street, at 8pm to study David Runcorn’s Dust and Glory with Simon. Details of timings are in the “This Week at St Mary’s” list above.
- Sunday Evenings in Lent: Stations of the Cross. Come and try something new for St Mary’s: Stations of the Cross is a devotional pilgrimage around the church, focusing on the events of the Passion of Christ. Each service will begin at 6.30pm and last about 45 minutes. This replaces Evening Prayer.
- “One to Ones” in Lent: Our clergy are always keen to make themselves available to listen and assist you in your faith journey throughout the year, but Lent is an especially good time to seek them out. Please contact Simon or Peter directly to arrange to see them.
- Advance Notice: Palm Sunday. On the evening of 20th March, St Mary’s Choir will be performing Mozart’s Requiem. Invite you friends.
- We’re still collecting donations for the local night shelter. They need warm winter coats, jumpers, gloves, scarves & hats, toiletries, socks, new underwear, jeans, t-shirts and sleeping bags. Please bring any donations to church on Sundays or between 9 and 12.30 on weekdays. Thank you Libby Bradshaw and Carol Bailey.
- Join the team working together at St Marys’: There are opportunities to assist in the Sunday life of the Church in a number of ways: Junior Church leaders, reading the bible, leading the prayers, administering Holy Communion and – a new opportunity – acting as server and Sacristan. All on a rota basis: speak to the clergy or a staff team member to find out more. Training is always given. There is also a vacancy for the position of Verger to help with the weddings taking place at St Mary’s during this year; this position is a paid one.
For Your Prayers
Prayer for the Week:
Daily Bible Reading
Monday John 4: 43 – end
Tuesday John 5: 1 – 3, 5 – 16
Wednesday John 5: 17 – 30
Thursday John 5: 31 – end
Friday John 7: 1 – 2, 10, 25 – 30
Saturday John 7: 40 – 52
Next Sunday’s Readings:
Isaiah 43: 16 – 21; Psalm 126; Philippians 3: 4b – 14; John 12: 1 – 8;
For the Church and the World
- That we may become more faithful to God through the discipline of Lent.
- That God would lead his whole church into renewal in the Holy Spirit.
- For all who are tempted to abuse their power.
- For a fair and just resolution of the Junior Doctors’ dispute.
- For our Study Groups meeting throughout Lent.
For those who have asked for our prayers
Andrew Lee, Billy Garrett, Sue Feasey, Theresa Geldart, Tom Price, Liz McMurthy, Junior Payton, Laurence, Kirstie Moore, Jean Hester, Paul Page, Helena Winters, Diana Standring, Charlie Standring, William Raynor, Theodoros Droushiotis, Tony Sheppard, Christine Sheppard, Piers Hansen, Stephanie Catherine Baldwin and John Paton
Those Who Have Died Recently, Their Families and Friends:
Rosemarie Peters, Michael Wimshurst, Tish Ramsay, James Marriot, Reg Logan, Catherine Hamer and John Murray