THIS WEEK’S NOTICES
- Revd Adam Boulter, our former Curate from 2008 – 2012, will give the first Advent Talk this evening at 7pm with a focus on his ministry in Jordan, and then next Sunday 13th December at 7pm, which will be a reflection on Advent.
2. Christingle Service at 4pm on Sunday 13th December 2015 – all welcome. The service will include a collection towards the work of the Children’s Society.
- There will be a Christmas stall in aid of the Flower Fund after the Parish Eucharist on 13th December; selling delicious home made items, including fudge and bakewell tarts, cakes and biscuits, mincemeat and marmalade!
- Everyone Campaign: Pledge Cards may still be returned! Even if you are unable to give to the church at this time or do not wish to alter the amount you are giving, please return the cards to save time and avoid a potentially embarrassing reminder!
- Mardi Gras Party: Ruth and Paul Holleley are looking for talented – or at least willing! – performers for St Mary’s Community Mardi Gras variety concert in church on February 6th at 7pm. Please contact us on 07969 831 947.
- Children’s Society Christmas cards, Advent calendars and gift wrap are on display at the back of the church. Please put your orders in the box by the display as soon as possible. Thank you for your support. Libby Bradshaw, Children’s Society rep
- Junior Church Nativity Contribution 2015 – Children are all encouraged to take part in the telling of the nativity story to nurture the seeds of growth in faith and practice. For more information please contact Asi on: 07462 655 043 or email [email protected] Rehearsal during Junior Church on Sun 13th Dec and a run through in Church on the morning of Sun 20th Dec at 9.45am.
- The Parish Carol Service on Sunday 20 December at 6.30 pm will be followed by the traditional mince pies and mulled wine. To make this happen, we need your help, baking mince pies, brewing the mulled wine, serving the goodies or washing up – please sign up at the back of church. No experience necessary and newcomers to St Mary’s especially welcome! Or if you would like to contribute to the cost of the wine, please speak to Sarah Macnab 07788 723 717.
- The West London Churches Homeless Concern (WLCHC) are looking for donations for their nightshelters. They especially need male clothing, toiletries, socks, new underwear, jeans, tee shirts and sleeping bags, also towels and blankets. Please bring any donations to church on Sundays or between 9 and 12.30 on weekdays. Thank you Libby and Carol Bailey
- Battersea Deanery pantomime Rehearsals have now started which this year is Robinson Crusoe. It will be staged at Christchurch Battersea in January. We are still looking for a few more roles to be filled plus we need help with painting scenery, making props and generally helping. Please contact Debbie Apostolides for more details. 07828 123 588
This Week at St Mary’s
8.30am Morning Prayer on Monday and Wednesday
8.30am Holy Communion on Tuesday
12.30pm Holy Communion on Thursday
There will be no services of Evening Prayer until further notice
Parish Office Opening Hours
The Office is open from Monday to Friday 9am to 12.30pm
Home Groups (The Parish Office has Contact Details)
Tuesday at 8.00pm (Contact: Ellie Cooke)
4th Wednesday/month Men’s Group at 8.30pm (Contact Peter Wintgens)
Thursday at 1.20pm in Upper Vestry (Contact: Leslie Spatt)
Sunday at 9.30am (Contact: Colin Wimsett)
3rd Sunday/month [email protected]’s Group at 7.15pm (Contact: Colin Wimsett)
Monday Toddler Group at Dimson Lodge at 9.30am
Bell Ringing Practice at 7.45pm
Wednesday Ministry Team Meeting at 9.15am in the Upper Vestry
Full Choir Practice at 7.30pm
Special Services, Events & Meetings
Tuesday PCC meeting in the Crypt at 8pm
Sunday 13th December: Third Sunday of Advent
8.30am Holy Communion (Traditional Language)
11.00am Advent Parish Eucharist with Junior Church
4.00pm Christingle Service
6.30 pm Evening Prayer
7.00pm Advent Talk: The Second of two Advent talks from Revd. Adam Boulter – A reflection on Advent
For Your Prayers
Prayer for the Week:
God our Father, you spoke to the prophets of old
of a Saviour who would bring peace.
You helped them to spread the joyful message of his coming kingdom.
Help us, as we prepare to celebrate his birth,
to share with those around us the good news of your power and love.
We ask this through Jesus Christ, the light who is coming into the world.
Daily Bible Reading
Monday Luke 5: 17 – 26
Tuesday Matthew 18: 12 – 14
Wednesday Matthew11: 28 – end
Thursday Matthew 11: 11 – 15
Friday Matthew 11: 16 – 19
Saturday Matthew 17: 10 – 1
Next Sunday’s Readings:
Zephaniah 3: 14 – 20; Philippians 4: 4 – 7; Luke 3: 7 – 18;
For the Church and the World
- For the victims of the Paris terrorist attacks, for their families, and for all affected by violence
- For our Vicar Simon and our parish community during this time of uncertainty;
- For our Curate Philip on study leave;
- For the success of the climate change conference in Paris;
- For refugees across Europe as winter begins to be felt.
For those who have asked for our prayers
Andrew Lee, Billy Garret, Elia Munisi, Barbara Davies, Shirley McLaughlin, John Stone, Junior Payton, Lucy Isac & Family, Hilary Blumer, Annie Gent and Peter Stuttard
Those Who Have Died Recently, Their Families and Friends:
Ernest Anthony Skelton, Alan Cherian, John Hanson and Dorothy Smalley