THIS WEEK’S NOTICES
- Parish Lunch: The next Parish Lunch will be on Sunday 24th January. It is being organised by Sara Linton ([email protected]). Please let her know you would like to come for catering purposes. Everyone is welcome.
- The Battersea Deanery Drama Group presents Robinson Crusoe on Thursday 28th, Friday 29th and Saturday 30th January at 7 pm and also at 2pm on Saturday 30th at Christ Church & St Stephen, Battersea. Ticket prices are adults £10, children U14 £5. Group rates: adults £8 and children £3. Box office and enquiries Carol Brindle on [email protected] or on 07866 451 304.
- Mardi Gras Party: This pre-Lent social event is on Saturday 6th February at 7pm. If you are a talented – or at least willing – performer and want to join church and community members in performing, please contact Ruth and Paul Holleley on 07969 831 947. Offers of help on the night also welcome.
- Simon’s return to parish ministry: Please be aware that Simon is having a gradual return to work after his period of absence. His working week will be Sunday to Thursday lunchtime.
- Authorised Listeners: If you have been affected in any way by the recent events at St Mary’s, the Diocese has a team of authorised listeners, who are able to listen to you on a confidential basis. More details are on a notice at the back of church. The Churchwardens and Simon are also available to talk and listen if you would like to do that.
- Winter Recital Series: Owing to Tyrone Whiting’s sudden illness, these concerts have been cancelled. The Recital Series will return later in the year.
- Lent Study Groups: These popular groups will be beginning soon. You can sign up at the back of church to join our existing house groups for Lent or to join in extra groups that form at this time. Lent Study Groups will focus on Bible Study Resources for Lent produced by the Scottish Bible Society. Contact Peter Wintgens for details ([email protected]).
- Many thanks to all who provided mince-pies before Christmas or who helped decorate the church.
- New Logo: The PCC is about to choose a new logo for the parish and there are two which have been professionally- designed from which you can indicate your preference by voting at the back of church in the next three weeks. Before anyone asks, we’re not proposing any alternatives to these if you don’t like either!
- Website: Our website has been redesigned by Rex Wickham and is now live at stmarysbattersea.org.uk. Excellent job, Rex!
St Mary’s is:
a community of Christ’s disciples, faithful and enquiring;
a community of love, hospitable and nurturing;
and a community of difference, inclusive and transforming.
This Week at St Mary’s
8.30am Morning Prayer on Monday and Wednesday
8.30am Holy Communion on Tuesday
12.30pm Holy Communion on Thursday
Parish Office Opening Hours
The Office is open from Monday to Friday 9am to 12.30pm
Home Groups (The Parish Office has Contact Details)
Tuesday at 8.00pm (Contact: Ellie Cooke)
4th Wednesday/month Men’s Group at 8.30pm (Contact Peter Wintgens)
Thursday at 1.20pm in Upper Vestry (Contact: Leslie Spatt)
Sunday at 9.30am (Contact: Colin Wimsett)
3rd Sunday/month [email protected]’s Group at 7.15pm (Contact: Colin Wimsett)
This Week at St Mary’s
Monday Toddler Group at Dimson Lodge at 9.30am
Bell Ringing Practice at 7.45pm
Wednesday Ministry Team Meeting at 9.15am
Full Choir Practice at 7.30pm
Sunday 17th January: Second Sunday of Epiphany
8.30am Holy Communion (Traditional Language)
11.00am Parish Eucharist with Junior Church
6.30pm Evening Prayer & Meditation
KEEP IN TOUCH BY SUBSCRIBING TO OUR MONTHLY E-NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBE at www.stmarysbattersea.org.uk
For Your Prayers
Prayer for the Week:
Heavenly Father, by the power of your Holy Spirit
you give to your faithful people new life in the water of baptism.
Guide and strengthen us by the same Spirit,
that we who are born again may serve you in faith and love,
and grow into the full stature of your Son, Jesus Christ,
who is alive and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit now and for ever. Amen.
Daily Bible Reading
Monday Mark 1: 14 – 20
Tuesday Mark 1: 21 – 28
Wednesday Mark 1: 29 – 39
Thursday Mark 1: 40 – end
Friday Mark 2: 1 – 12
Saturday Mark 2: 13 – 17
Next Sunday’s Readings: Isaiah 62: 1 – 5; 1 Corinthians 12: 1 – 11; John 2: 1 – 11
For the Church and the World
- That God would help us be faithful to our baptismal vows;
- For the work of doctors, nurses and all healthcare professionals;
- For our home and study groups;
- For all who are new to St Mary’s, that they may find a spiritual home here;
- For the ongoing conflict in Syria and Iraq, and for their refugees.
For those who have asked for our prayers
Andrew Lee, Billy Garret, Barbara Davies, Hilary Blumer, Annie Gent, Patrick Letherby, Timothy Dawe, Paul, Gerald Twum & Sonia Smith, Rosemary & Roy Croft, Sue Reeve, Sue Feasey, Tyrone Whiting, Maria Munisi, Mirijam Wolff, Daisy Campbell and Gaye Jackson
Those Who Have Died Recently, Their Families and Friends:
Nancy Hanson, Mary Akpan, Winfield Herbert, Margaret Pringle, Rita Jackson, Norman Morris, Luis Vincente, Pamela Westland and Lindy Williamson